Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Pinterest

Friday 20 January 2012

My lovely kids...

Wow, last year went fast! My two older children will be in Year 4 and Year 2 this year. It wasn't long ago I had a few tears waving goodbye to my eldest as the Prep doors closed. On Monday, our third baby starts school. And our lives will be moving into another phase.

Today, we spent the whole morning covering books, and chatting about life, friends and what the expectations were going to be on the first day. We had Justin Beiber playing in the background and everyone was getting along beautifully. While I was helping DS7 cover some books, I heard DD8 and DD5 in the bedroom, trying on the school uniforms and practicing hairstyles. I was in a happy place and realised how much I cherished these kids.

Isn't it lovely when your kids are in a great mood and all get along. I always bring myself to think about the little cherubs that came into our lives. Healthy, happy, clever, polite, gorgeous cherubs. I would like to think that it is all down to us - the way we are bringing them up, teaching them values and giving them loads of encouragement. But I think it's just them. They are all so different. All have beautiful morals and personalities.

I do believe that we, as parents, grandparents, teachers, etc are the building blocks of these little people, and the experiences and memories that we set them up with now will ensure them a wonderful future. And I think we are doing a damn good job so far.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...