Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Pinterest

Thursday 23 February 2012

We did it!

We broke the Zumba World Record!  It was such an amazing and exhilarating experience to be dancing the same moves with 3,000+ people!  Well done to Cairns!

My kids turned up at my workplace at 4pm, with drink bottles under their arms, very excited for what they were about to experience.  We headed to the Cairns Esplanade, and were counted as we moved into an enclosed area.  We were entertained, and I wish I had a time-lapse camera, because the crowd just got bigger and bigger.  The class was delayed as the line-up extended for about 500m down the road.  Eventually, the gates were closed and we began our Zumba class.  Brooke, the Instructor, was used to teaching classes of a couple hundred, and was amazed by the numbers and enthusiasm in the same park.

It was like being at a concert!  People were screaming and cheering.  Loads were dressed up in funny costumes.  It was such an electric atmosphere - something we will never forget.

We received a certificate each to look back on.  Here is a video someone took  - I want to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!!!




and here is a link to the news footage that was on Channel 7 Sunrise the next morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...