Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Pinterest

Thursday 15 March 2012

8 Steps to Happiness.... 7 weeks of living perfectly...

I am always second-guessing myself.  Despite the blessings I know I have - a lovely husband, a beautiful family, nice friends, a reliable and steady job, a full life - I constantly worry that I'm not the best wife, a star employee or a dutiful daughter.  On some days, I feel anxious, and I'm far better at snapping at my loved ones than taking a deep breathe and letting it slide.  Don't get me wrong - my family is my world, I am amazed every day by them, it's just that the smallest things start me off.  Kids not getting ready in the mornings, not showing respect around the home, washing everyone's dishes and facing the mounds of laundry every day.  Work even gets me on edge some days.  I have been told on numerous occassions by workmates to take small steps and it will all be ok.   

So, this week, I decided I was going to read (and live by) some self-help books.  These are going to bring about a total life-style turnaround - complete with yoga, early bedtimes and personal mantras - right?  So on with my journey of living my life, my way. 

According to "8 Steps To Happiness:  An Everyday Handbook", it's all about small, but meaningful, changes.  I decided to break my "changes" into weekly missions. 

1.  Acts of Kindness
2.  Stengthening Mind-Body Connection
3.  Finding Calm
4.  Cultivating Confidence
5.  Sharing the Love
6.  Connect
7.  Finding Myself
8.  Lessons Learnt

So onward with my conquest to find inner peace and happiness.  I will dutifully write about my missions and how they make me feel.  Anyone care to join me? 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...