Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Pinterest

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Simple Life Plan

I feel that I tend to deal with the same issues over and over again year after year.  Weight keeps creeping on slowly slowly...  I can't seem to organise the house and end up with a major decluttering task on my hands ... I run around with the kids off to dancing, tennis, soccer....  Life is so busy, I have forgotten what my goals are and what I would like to achieve in MY life.  So this year, it's MY year.   I have decided to give my kids a little bit of space (whether they like it or not!) and take control of my own values, what I feel I deserve. 


I guess everyone knows what a sucker I am - ask me to do something, and I will take it on with no questions.  I tend to give, give, give until I fall into a heap.   Growing up, I was everyone's friend, the 'go-to' person.  I took a lot on, and with all the advice I gave back then, I could have easily become a qualified social worker!  I guess this has given me the best attributes in life - strength, loyalty, integrity and honesty.  And for that, I am grateful.  When I think back to my younger years, I did have a wonderful upbringing.  An only child, in the country, with horses and my Mum and Dad to myself.   BLISS.   Can't really remember what kind of goals I had, but I knew that one day I was going to be married with lots and lots of children. 

I travelled through about 30 countries in my 20's and found my passion!  Travel and photography.   I had always loved taking photos, and 15 years ago, we 'aint got no digital cameras!  Nope, film - and a lot of it.  I think I processed about 60 films when I returned home (with about half of it being binned!).

Married life and kids came along, and all of a sudden, my life was consumed with babies, bottles, bassinets, boobs, baby powder in belly-buttons.... the inkling of me taking time out for myself in the next eight years never dawned on me!  

Right, so now the kids are older, our last baby is starting Prep this year.  My camera has been cleaned.  This year is going to my year.  











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you all the best!!! brave n focussed you are! Despite of being a parent,you are not lost in the family,striving to do want you want to is what I love in you :) I appreciate that!

Anonymous said...

I can only say that I am in the same place as you. I LOVE my family and know how lucky I am to have them. You give some much time, love and sacrifice without a second thought, always putting everyone before yourself.

In order to be the best mum, best wife, best daughter, best friend etc, you need to be the best you. I've only just reached the point where I have decided to stop, listen and answer the question "who am I?".

I know that this will take some time to answer but I feel that having taken the time to ask the question is the first step towards finding ME again.

Cherish every minute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...